A few weeks later...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Tweed Heads
April 8th 2009
Published: April 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wel, not much to report the last couple weeks, but thought we would put a few pics up.

Brett's been working pretty much 6 days a week, and is about week and half or so away from finishing the skatepark. I have been doing some freelance work, and checking things out, so we haven't been up to alot other than that. We did go to Byron Bay for a day which is only about 40 minutes south of us, and it was so nice and sunny and beautiful down there, can't wait to get back there for a while. Even saw Jack Johnson coming in from a surf session at the Pass.

Our quiet little caravan park has turned into a zoo since it is the easter long weekend. Everyone seems to take the following week off and it is packed to capacity around here. We had to move from our site to another site that is pretty small and bit muddy from the last week of rain, but... it is waterfront property, so we can hang out with the ducks in the billabong so guess we shouldn't complain! And no bats in the trees on this site.

The rain has been coming down pretty good some days, and we sometimes wonder when they say Australia is in a drought... I know that means inland and outback areas, but when it rains here, it really does rain. More like a tropical storm instead of the Vancouver drizzle we are used to. Even with the rain, the temperatures have still been around 25-28 degrees. And we finally put a sweatshirt on (oh wait, i mean a jumper, pronounced jump-a!) for the first time in I can't even remember how long... it was at night though but still, haven't had to wear one in the day in an awfully long time. Or pants. Or shoes. (And no that doesn't mean we aren't wearing anything... it means it's pretty much been shorts or skirts (E.D.S's for you Edder and TP) and thongs (a.k.a. flip flops for us Canadians).

No we are just trying to decide our next move... the skateparks keep calling... but then again so does Byron Bay... and reality one day sooner or later I guess. Everytime we seem to decide ok, we will go rent a place in Sydney and get real jobs, another option/opportunity pops up... so we will see... don't want to this neverending vacation to end I think. Plus I think we are trying to see if we can go 2 years without having a place to live....



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb