This is autumn? We'll take it.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Tweed Heads
April 27th 2009
Published: April 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The weather lately (now that the rain has stopped) has been great. It's been around 30 degrees and sunny, not that humid, and it getting a bit cooler at night, it has even hit down to 13 degrees. Brrrrr! If this is Autumn (still can't stop saying Fall and then people look at you strangely here), we will take it, definately!

After another couple weeks of working for Brett and the skatepark is pretty much done. He is on his last 2 days at the moment, and then we are heading back to Byron Bay for a couple weeks of chilling out and surfing before we head to the next one.... but more about that later. Don't like to think about work to soon...

We were very excited to see some familiar faces arrive last week; Brett's aunt and uncle, Shelly and Dennis (and the dogs) from Wollongong who have been so good to us since we have been here in Oz, have joined us for a week before they set out on their round Australia trip. They have sold their house, packed up all their belongings and are ready to hit the open road with no real set timeline or agenda. Only wish we were going too! We have had a great week so far with them; enjoying a few happy hours and barbies, checking out a few beaches, kayaking in the river, prawn lunch at the rock pools, and enjoying catching up since we haven't seen them for 7 weeks, and not sure when will be the next time. Unless we decide to ditch the next skatepark and follow them on their trip!





Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Brett and Gazza (Gary), the guy he was working with. Brett and Gazza (Gary), the guy he was working with.
Brett and Gazza (Gary), the guy he was working with.

Another aussie nickname - shorten the name and add an "azza" or an "o".
Another day, another good lunch.Another day, another good lunch.
Another day, another good lunch.

Brett and Dennis enjoying prawns and a few cold ones at the Currumbin Rock Pools.


Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1.1mb