Canberra/Jindabyne/Tumut/Cobram Caravan Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Tumut
October 28th 2015
Published: October 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 13 (27/10/2015)

Departed Jindabyne at 9.55AM & arrived Tumut at 1.30PM.

The drive up into the Great Dividing Range & the Bogong Mountains was quite difficult with the caravan on. Narrow roads from the top of Lake Eucumbene until just before Talbingo made it hard going.

Following this, the steep descent into Talbingo was ridiculous & extremely harsh on brakes. At under 40KMH and a drop of greater than 45 degrees, the smell from the caravan brakes was quite apparent. One thing is for certain, we will never travel on this road again.

Arriving in Tumut was a breath of fresh air; pretty little town with 6 pubs, an RSL, Woolies & Coles all within easy walking distance & one of the nicest caravan parks we have ever seen. Large sites, quiet & peaceful, good tree coverage & the Tumut River running through it. If you want a lovely place to relax, Tumut is one place to visit.



Day 14 (28/10/2015)

Out early to try to find the fish before the temperature got too high. Fishing the Tumut River was quite challenging with Blowering Dam releasing 6500 gigalitres a day into the river. Way too fast for any lure or fly fishing unless you dropped it on a fishes nose!

Tried the massive Blowering Dam which was quite dirty, before going to the very lovely Jounama Dam. Beautiful little fishery which had all the looks of being very productive, despite only being able to access in 2 locations not overgrown with weeds. But produce it did not, with every lure in my tackle boxes fished in every accessible inch.

Feeling rather jinxed at not being able to land any water creature whatsoever. So what better to do than head back to the caravan & have a drink? Followed by another drink. It’s a hard life!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb