Canberra/Jindabyne/Tumut/Cobram Caravan Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Jindabyne
October 26th 2015
Published: October 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 11 (25/10/2015)

Today was relaxation day; shopping for Deb & fishing for Bob. Just as well we are not relying on fish for food as the fish have been less than cooperative.



Day 12 (26/10/2015)

Last day in Jindabyne & today marks the halfway mark of the holiday. The wind today is quite horrendous; it feels like the caravan is going to take off despite everything tied down & double tied down.

Went up to the Cookie Factory where the cookie displays would fit inside a broom closet. Thought they would have had a lot more on show.

Returned to the caravan park to find the wind has eased. Decided to take the opportunity to give the car a bit of a clean given that it was covered in brown dirt. Not exactly pristine clean but a bit more presentable.

Filled up with petrol ready for the trip up to Tumut tomorrow:

$1.42.9/L 41.02L 417.1KM 9.6L/100KM

Quite happy with the fuel economy again so far. Tomorrow might be a challenge since we head uphill for the second half of the journey.

As I type this a massive wind gust has hit. Better tie myself to something in case I blow away when I check out all the guy ropes & pegs. Definitely the worst winds we have ever encountered in our travels & quite certain Jindabyne is not going to be on our touring itinerary in the future!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb