Just a couple of hundred kilometres a day!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Tathra
March 18th 2010
Published: March 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


NaroomaNaroomaNarooma

the river. The boardwalk was to the left
We are making the most of the beautiful weather and the beautiful scenery here. After leaving Burrill Lake, we drove off the highway to several beaches, Dolphin Point, North Durras Beach where we saw several kangaroos and then to Beagle Beach on Murramurang National Park. It was a very pretty spot, white sand and lovely clear water. The water was cool though there were a couple of people in swimming. We climbed the rocks and Doug walked along the beach while I paddled. Quite a few fishermen came in with their catches which they cleaned on the rocks.

After driving around Bateman's Bay and Batehaven our next stop was Mogo. We walked along the main street, going into most shops and galleries - our favourite being the kitchen shop. However, it was very hot so we were pleased to be back in the air conditioning and to make our way back to the coast. We booked into the caravan park at Moruya Heads and dived into their pool once we'd set up.

Today our first stop south was at Narooma. They have built a boardwalk alongside the the riverfront so we walked along, noticing all the small fish and
Map of AustraliaMap of AustraliaMap of Australia

... use your imagination
large we could see in the beautifully clear water. We were thrilled to see two quite big stingrays pass us and then ... is that a dolphin? We were very excited as it got closer and even more so when we realised it was a seal! I didn't think they'd be around here - the first I've seen in the wild. All this was accompanied by Bellbirds singing (chiming?) in the nearby trees, in fact we've heard many Bellbirds this trip. Yesterday we were accompanied by several Crimson Rosellas as we sat around the caravan park pool. As for the seal, of course my camera was back in the motor home.

The many times I've been to Narooma, I have never taken a photo of the hole in the rock which resembles the map of Australia, even though I often see a photo of it on people's blogs so that was our next stop, click, took a photo, tick it off.

Then to the town of Central Tilba, the old timber town now full of shops to please the tourist, and then we went a couple of kilometres on to Tilba Tilba and Foxglove Spires. We had intended
Central TilbaCentral TilbaCentral Tilba

turning into the main street
doing the 3 1/2 acres of their beautiful gardens but it was very hot so we just went through some of the nice shops instead and then left to drive to the coast to Tathra for a welcome swim to cool down, lovely. We decided we'd stay the night in Tathra so booked into the caravan park, did a wash, hung it on the line and then jumped in their pool. May this gorgeous weather continue.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Central TilbaCentral Tilba
Central Tilba

Main Street
Tathra BeachTathra Beach
Tathra Beach

With the old restored Tathra Wharf in the background


Tot: 0.773s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.6317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb