Our Trip South - The First Couple of Days


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Burrill Lake
March 16th 2010
Published: March 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Overlooking Gerringong/GeroaOverlooking Gerringong/GeroaOverlooking Gerringong/Geroa

Beautiful green countryside
After leaving Sydney after lunch, we only got as far as Kiama the first night. We didn't get the best site at East's Beach, way at the back, closer to the railway line than the beach, but we slept OK and made an early start on Tuesday.

The countryside is looking so beautiful down south, very lush and green after a wetter than usual summer. After morning coffee and a walk around the shops of Berry, we kept on driving till we came to Mollymook. We parked right overlooking the beach for lunch, then donned cossies and went down the sand to the beach.

The days have been hot, the ocean everywhere has been clean and clear, and the most beautiful blue/green, the sand very white and so I didn't need much coaxing to dive into the water. It was several degrees cooler than the beach we usually swim at in Sydney but refreshing. Pam Burridge, surf champ, was giving surfing lessons to three ladies nearby - I was wishing I could could join them. We would have liked to stay at Mollymook overnight but the only caravan park was on the highway and we wanted to stay around the beach.

Somehow we tore outselves away and went on to the Big 4 at Burrill Lake. It is set amongst tall gums with many birds, mostly lorrikeets, flitting around - they're fed daily there. We were given a spot right on the lake front, we put our chairs out on the grass and had a very pleasant afternoon talking to campers and gazing at the water. There was a beautiful sunset over the lake - all in all a great day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0832s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb