Catching Rays at Manly Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
May 22nd 2014
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.8671, 151.207

Today was our last day in Sydney. We had a only a couple of sights we still needed to see so we set out first thing this morning for Hyde Park. We viewed the Anzac War Memorial and the Pond of Reflection which were built within the park. The park itself is beautifully landscaped and well maintained. The flower beds were still in full bloom and quite colorful.

From the park we could see our next stop which was St. Mary's Cathedral. The church is massive taking up an entire block. It was open to visitors so we went inside. The morning sun shining through the stained glass windows was breathtaking. There was a lot of activity happening inside of the church. Preparations were under way for a funeral for the CEO and founder of a health care company. They were in the process of mounting 24 flat screen tv's, some of them as large as 75 inches. A sound system was being set up and the floral arrangements being put together. Even with all the activity the inside was still peaceful and solemn.

I mentioned the morning sun. It was blazing brightly and the temperature was expected to be near 80 degrees. It could not have been a better day for the beach. We decided since Manly was so beautiful and we had seen the sights in Sydney that we had on our list that we would return there for the rest of the day. It was a good decision. We spent the afternoon people watching, reading, walking the beach, and just enjoying the atmosphere of the beach. The waves were larger than yesterday which brought our more surfers to watch. We had lunch at one of the ocean side restaurants which was very good. It was a perfect afternoon.

As the sun began to set we headed back to the ferry to the Central Business District and our hotel.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Sydney CBD Sydney CBD
Sydney CBD

Central Business District of Sydney


Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb