DAY 3 TASSO - Down Under, 2017: Arrival in Sydney!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
July 8th 2017
Published: July 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Sydney welcomes TASSO! We have arrived after what feels like a two-day flight across the globe. Once we cleared Customs, we reunited with Ben Tepper and his family, and also with Maeve Ellis. Both arrived before us. We then collected our luggage, met our tour guide, Catie, and our coach driver, David.

Our day began with an orientation tour of Sydney. What a beautiful city! Along the way, we picked up the J-boys and their family, and went to have lunch down at Bondi Beach. This is where we also reunited with Sebastien and his family.

Although it is winter here, the beach was full of people surfing, swimming, and just enjoying the sun. The temperature was 20C-plus! If this is winter we'll take it.

After lunch we checked into our ibis hotel at around 2:00 p.m. Some people were happy to shower and take a quick nap while others were wired and happy to socialize with their new roommates.

At 6:00 p.m. we boarded our coach and went for dinner at Nick's Bar and Grill, down by Darling Harbour and overlooking the boats and bridges of Sydney. At this point we reunited with Rhianne and her family and also with Deirdre, mother of Vladimir and Isadora.

The menu consisted of either chicken or fish. The restaurant was very accommodating, and took very good care of our six vegan members as well.

After a very long and exhausting couple of days travelling, everyone returned to the hotel after dinner for a much needed sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb