The Blue Mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 12th 2015
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.8649, 151.207

After a fairly relaxed breakfast with Justin, Justine and Mark, Steven and Mark got ready for their meetings, Justin went to work and Justine took baby Nina to swimming lessons. It felt funny seeing Steven drive off with Mark, leaving us behind. We decided this meant we should also get our day underway, and hit the M4 out to the mountains.

We stopped at Zia Gini's for a coffee at Blacktown - my excuse was that we had left our umbrellas there on Saturday, but I really just wanted to spend a little more time with these lovely people. The kids spent time looking at Zio Gigi's inventions whilst Zia and I drank coffee slowly...

Then straight up to Leura, listening to Harry Potter #7. It was so cold when we arrived - raining and 17 degrees - but we found a warm little cafe for lunch before driving to the Guesthouse that manages our accommodation, then to The Dairy, 57 Pritchard St, Wentworth Falls. It is delightful - an old 3 bedroom cottage, with a large lounge/dining/kitchen at the rear. You could spend a week or a month here.

We took it very easy, reading books this afternoon, before a quick drive out to see the Three Sisters and to Woolworths for some dinner (pasta and soup). It was great to stay with family, but a cottage by ourselves is wonderful.

Missing Steven - will have him back with us tomorrow night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb