My Aussie Backyard...the Birds


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
September 17th 2016
Published: September 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

My Aussie Backyard...the Birds. I am woken by Lyrebirds...a cacophony of whoops of these mimics of the bush greeting the day. The calls of many birds from one spot gives them away. It's the beginning of spring and the number of times I've got close to getting a clear photo of their mating dance I cannot count. Cannot count but cannot give up...lie there wondering if they are close or far. Can I ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 78, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




17th September 2016

Aussie birds
Since my first day in Australia I was absolutely amazed by the variety of birds here! Whether it's the gorgeous colourful rainbow lorikeets, king parrots, corellas, rosellas, cockatoos or beautifully sounding kookaburras, they are all incredible species! haven't seen a lyrebird just yet, one day I hope... You're really lucky to be living in a place so close to these creatures! Great photos! I say you're on a good path to becoming a wildlife photographer after all. :)
17th September 2016

Aussie birds
Thanks for commenting Anna. I can tell from your blogs that our feathered friends have captivated you. It's about to rain here so the bird chorus has increased in intensity, a one-eyed cockatoo joining us while we read the newspaper, a mass of different bird calls...the best tonic for a contented soul in my book!
17th September 2016

Nice story!
It's a beautiful story telling about the birds, Dave. They are fascinating, aren't they? I remember watching hummingbirds jumping from one branch to another for an hour in Costa Rica. Kookaburra reminds me the fairy tale song of Bernie from yesteryear. You are blessed to see so many of them in your backyard, Dave. Enjoy as much as you can!
17th September 2016

Nice story!
Thanks Tab. I love to share my tales and pics of our fortunes and misfortunes in other lands. But for our international friends who have "been there, done that", it's time I share some tales from my Aussie backyard where the visitors are varied and aplenty...and our fortunate life really come together.
18th September 2016

And me again!
Dave I forget to mention, your landscapes reflect amazing colours which definitely demand another appreciative comment from me!
18th September 2016

And me again!
The panorama pics of sunsets from my backyard are to be viewed with the music video playing, Tab. Enjoy!
18th September 2016

Lovely Birds!!!
18th September 2016

Lovely Birds!!!
Thanks Marcos. The feeling one gets from the challenge that photographing birds presents!
18th September 2016
Deep in conversation

Well caught
That was a nice photo. /Ake
18th September 2016
Deep in conversation

Well caught
I think the lorikeet is saying "Back off Buster!" I wonder how he'd say it if he also spoke Swedish, Ake!
19th September 2016

Wildlife Photographer
I think you make an awesome wildlife photographer. I remember the first blog I saw of yours were these amazing photos of Guanacos in Patagonia.
19th September 2016

Wildlife Photographer
Wow. That brings back memories Alan. The beauty of Travelblog is one's memories are there to be re-lived or for all to see rather than sitting on a shelf collecting dust. How lucky are we?
19th September 2016

My soul is thrilled
Beautifully penned David - I must say I love the excitement & fascination of travel & particularly the sweetness of returning home to the plethora of bird life - the sound & sight of then thrills my soul.
20th September 2016

My soul is thrilled
And the sounds of the bush is filled one minute by birds calling and when it is silent...so silent sometimes one cannot hear the wind in the trees. Then the coo-coo of a Wonga Pigeon deep in the valley or the squarks of the bird police or the screech of a cockatoo. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Home with you can be like that Denise.
25th September 2016

A cacophony of whoops greeting the day.
Gone to the birds in Aussie- what a wonderful place to live. Time to change that sorry attitude and put a bit of effort into becoming a wildlife photography. You have the perfect practice ground. You've never seemed like the kind of guy to give up on anything. Please strut back out there and dance with them...ever so quietly so you can photograph. Love Tawny Frogmouth.
27th September 2016

A cacophony of whoops greeting the day
I'm not a twitcher but there is something about the birds and their complex calls and chatter that draws me in. Gotta go...they're calling me now!
25th September 2016
Corellas

Fantastic
Love this one.
25th September 2016
Rainbow Romance

Help me
Honey you've got lint on your head again.
25th September 2016
Size doesn't matter

Wow
Beautiful

Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 19; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb