A respite for my third world soul.


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 17th 2015
Published: December 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Dancing Dave asked me why I chose Sydney. I said "Because I've never been to Australia before" and "I want to see the great cities of the world!" Then I thought about it some more. Why do I choose big cities in wealthy countries? I guess it's because we all want what we don't have. I live in a poor country so I want to see wealthy countries to experience what life is like there. Although it often ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




19th December 2015
With Dancing Dave!

What a pleasure
When you contacted me from the Philippines that you were coming to Sydney I was excited thinking how I could make your visit memorable. Thank you for embracing our full day & night together with fun & enthusiasm. And you were lucky. Lady Macquarie's Chair for the best views of Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Through heavy traffic to Sydney's most northern beach I was a tad concerned our destination would be packed out. But as we walked along Pittwater towards Lion Island then over the dunes to Palm Beach...no one else was there. Unheard of!!! Off the track bush-bashing behind my place into Berowra Valley National Park listening to a bird chorus with swamp wallabies hopping by. A shaggy brown one nearly collided with us! Then as sulphur crested cockatoos squarked overhead as they headed for home in the valley we headed to Camelot Lounge for front row seats for Nadya & the 101 Candles. You appeared in awe as gypsy swing in many tongues and musical instruments captured your soul. Got you back to your hostel at 10 after midnight for a kip before your flight back to Manilla the next day. Thanks for contacting me you were coming to Sydney, Harold. You are one of TBs true gentlemen...and we had a truly memorable time together. Keep in touch.
20th December 2015
With Dancing Dave!

Thank you!
I forget the name of the places I should've written this sooner if not for my accident. Yes I'll definitely keep in touch. Thank you for the memorable day with lots of new experiences :)
20th December 2015
With Dancing Dave!

Another picture to add to the Travelblog Album...
and it brings back great memories!
20th December 2015
With Dancing Dave!

Memories
It sure will! Thanks :)
20th December 2015

TravelBloggers unite!
Dave here....always glad to hear when fellow TBers get together. Hope you had a grand time with Dancing Dave!
21st December 2015

TBers get together
Oh we had a grand time indeed! Thank you :)

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb