Day 5 Sydney and the opera house


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 1st 2013
Published: November 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Arrived at Sydney and sped through immigration. Got very excited when I saw that the 'border control' programme was recording. So it was a pity that we had taken all foods out of my bag including my polos. Although I did find a stray foxs glacier fruit in my handbag when I get to the hotel. What a shame the sniffer dogs were nowhere to be seen.

Used the train to get to our hotel. Very simple although as we were waiting I said to Ian 'this could be like trying to get a train from Gatwick into town in the rush hour as it's 8.00'. And it was, although assume all those commuters are used to it!!

Settled in. Luckily it was ready for us which was very lovely as by then I was keen to change from the old shorts of yesterday! Talked Ian into upgrading us to Sydney opera house view. Had to pay this time but deffo worth it. Had a bit of a debate about unpacking. Ian doesn't think we should ever bother but I'm not very good at living out of my bag. Trouble is in our relationship I never do the packing so I am probably in a bit of a losing position well have to see what happens as the trip progresses.

Quick freshen up and out for a wander. We are staying at the Marriott at Sydney Harbour so went for the 'opera house, photo opportunity' and then wandered to the rocks area. All very trendy over here. Interestingly found at least 3 'oldest pubs in Sydney'. Apparently depends on how you count it.

After a quick early lunch we headed over to the opera house for the tour. We didn't get around to booking a show so thought we would do the tour instead. Went into all the different theatres - personally I felt it was very reminiscent of the National in feel. Although definitely comfier seats!

Quick cup of tea on the harbour and back to the room. At this point jet lag/tiredness kicked in and we were both fast asleep in minutes. Trouble was although I was fighting it Ian looked set for the night. Managed to drag him out about 7.30 with the promise of a pint. There was a event called 'Village Bizzare' on, in the roads in the rocks. Lots of young people around looking suitably bizarre. Quick stop for a beer and then dinner in nurses lane. Portuguese restaurant called Vintage Inn where we had tapas. Very tasty.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



3rd November 2013

Loving it so far....
Keep up the good work, it will either start to become an obsession to keep it up to date or drive you mad! Especially in hotels with crap wifi!J and S
5th November 2013

Very busy !
Its good to be able to see what you are up to out there ! You seem very busy but there doesn't seem to be any shop-atunities built in ! Just leave Ian in a bar and go and find some shops Linds! Missing you both already !

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb