Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 4th 2013
Published: February 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hello hello!

So safe to say its been a while... and we've missed you all terribly and thought perhaps its time for a little (slightly massive) update from the other side of the world- unless of course your in oz, pha. As our intellectual skills are beginning to run dry after 2 months of being pommes we are going to give you all the action in small chunks otherwise our brains get tired.



So to start... Sydney...

Beginning on the 19th of December, we arrived (again) in sunny Sydney. We managed to make our way out to Wahroonga where the Jobson's spectacular house awaited us. We were greeted by the two most gorgeous cats - almost converting Georgia and Sophie to cat lovers (don't worry Martha and Ollie- you are quite safe my darlings, tickles and kisses). After a relaxing week (or so) developing our glowing tans and watching a ridiculous amount of films and eating an enormous amount of cookie dough (because we couldnt wait for it to cook) CHRISTMAS ARRIVED! We all stayed up til midnight to open our lovely pressies from home and listened to Christmas carols (with the cats) on repeat- Max's favourite (by far) was Mistletoe- cheers Justin Beiber. After a rather soggy Christmas we spent the rest of the sunny week exploring the famous Manly and Bondi beaches visiting the opera house and the Rocks before our eagerly awaited bridge climb- which was incredible! Although we nearly blew off- due to seemingly gale force winds we had an amazing time and looked super hot in our sexy blue boiler suit climbing gear (we were allowed to keep these!!!!! Georgia was tempted- she just looked so hot.)

We also ventured out of Sydney to the spectacular Blue Mountains... We rode the world's steepest railway, wandered through the rainforest, saw the famous Three Sisters rocks and had a feast of a lunch at the local golf club. In the morning we also stopped at the quaintest little village called Leura complete with a fab sweet shop and Surrey like boutiques. Felt quite at home. Max was bored out of his mind. In the afternoon we visited a wildlife sanctuary where we stroked koalas and fed kanagroos ice cream cones. They had joeys in their pouches! SO cute.

Then New Years Eve arrived, with all the kerfuffle that generally greets it in Sydney... Up at 9am to get prime position on the hill behind the opera house. We spent the entire day melting in the heat, before it all kicked off. However, the time flew past - making accquaintanes with the cutest French children and Westlife lookalikes. With a late morning bed time its safe to say a few days were needed to recover. Just in time for us to hit the East Coast....

muchos love

mwah mwah

gsm

Advertisement



20th February 2013

Wow and double WOW!
Sounds like you're all having a fab time. Missing you Georgia but getting the updates from super nan. I too loved the bridge climb and was tickled by the hanky they gave you attached by elastic to the the stylish boiler suit.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb