Sydney shopping, big steaks and La Soiree


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 25th 2012
Published: February 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately the weather today seems determined to spoil our plans of showing Will’s sister around Sydney. Jo took the opportunity and went into her office early to catch up on some work whilst the others went to the gym and swimming pool.We all then met up at the Queen Victoria Building and had a walk round all the boutique style shops.

With no sign of improvement in the weather we cancelled our lunch time booking at the Westfield Tower, as well as our plans to take in the sights from the bridge pylon. As our plans were falling apart we all went our separate ways for a couple more hours; Jo went back to the office, Will went and got a military style budget haircut and Jo A went on a tour of the rest of Sydney’s shops. We all regrouped back at the flat were Will’s sister surprised us with cup cakes.

After a quick change for dinner we headed to Orbit Bar at Australia Square. Our guide on the free walking tour had recommended this as an alternative to the Tower. The girls enjoyed a couple of amazing cocktails as the bar rotated round allowing us to
CupcakesCupcakesCupcakes

Thank you Jo!
take in the city skyline. At the point when we should have been able to see the Westfield Tower it was lost in the low clouds, so we were all smug in the decision of not going up there for lunch.

We then walked through the drizzle to Steersons Steak House for a pre show dinner. On the way there our $10 umbrella suffered a catastrophic failure in the wind; bending in half at the handle, so it was on borrowed time!

Following the recommendation of our waiter Will ordered the Prime Rib. From the pictures you’ll see it certainly wasn’t little, although Will managed to finish it without too much effort, as well as eating half of Jo’s Beef Wellington!

With our bellies full of steak, we struggled through the rain with the bendy umbrella to the Opera House and collected our tickets before departing company with our flexible friend for the last time! Fortunately we arrived just in time to grab great seats on the mezzanine, so we settled in with a couple of drinks before the show began.

Without spoiling the show for anyone who hasn’t been, it’s certainly different, with acts such as Captain Frodo, The English Gents, Ursula Martinez and La Gateau Chocolate, it was an eye opening experience we’d recommend it as being different to any show any of us had ever been to see before!

After the show we grabbed a couple of quick pictures of the three of us with the Harbour Bridge in the background before walking home along Pitt Street.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb