City Living


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 24th 2011
Published: October 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We’ve been a little quiet with our blog updates, but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been doing anything!! Most of our time was taken up with finding a city based home and moving from the Shire to central Sydney, for which we need to thank Sarah and her shiny new car for their assistance!

We are now calling a very cool apartment on the 46th floor of the World Square building home with our new found friends Jess and Andy. The place comes with a shared gym, pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, virtual golf simulator, movie theatre, snooker table, views of Darling Harbour and a sunset you could never get bored of, which you will have seen in the photos and Jo’s smug posts on Facebook! It certainly feels strange living this high up – I swear we are the same height as the planes flying onto Sydney airport!!

Now we are back in the hustle and bustle of city living Jo has started working from a shared office overlooking Darling Harbour. Will has been a little less fortunate as his role at the Australian Road & Traffic Authority fell through, so he has been busy reapplying for jobs and going for interviews – finger crossed!!

All work and admin aside, we’ve continued to enjoy life in Sydney, going for drinks at the Opera Bar with Sarah, as well as following the rugby in some great local bars. Jo was saddened to see the French sneak past Wales into the final, although soon cheered up with another glass of Pinot !!

Observing New Zealand storm past Australia into the final was strange as we watched with a group of Kiwi’s in a pub that soon emptied as the game drew to a close… and the Kiwi’s took over the place drinking champagne and singing.

We’ve found a great café for Brunch just a short walk from the apartment in Surry Hills and have had to restrain ourselves from going there every morning!! But we have also been working on our beach bodies for the approaching Australian summer, with lots of visits to the gym and pool.

Hyde Park is literally on the corner of the block so we’ve spent some time enjoying the sunshine there. The first visit was also accompanied by some Irish travellers who seemed to be enjoying a few boxes of goon (boxed wine) whilst playing the guitar and entertaining the other sun worshippers in the park with their singing. We also found a night noodle market in Hyde Park, where we (Will) made the most of the noodles/ curries/ dim sum on offer!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



29th October 2011

The Views
Hi you two What amazing veiws yo have from the apartment not quite the same as Boyd street!!Hope to speak to you tomorrowxxxxx
7th November 2011

Memories. Used to go to to Coles at World Square all the time a couple of years ago when I lived in Sydney. Miss it! Australia that is not Coles! I am just browsing Sydney blogs, incase you are wondering who I am! Amy

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb