Sydney Festivals


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Hyde Park
October 29th 2011
Published: November 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

After having apparently sampled the finest beef burger Sydney has to offer at Rockpool on Friday night, we kept the fine dining theme going and went along to the Sydney Food & Wine festival at Hyde Park.

First impressions were that it wasn’t as manic as the Night Noodle Market we went along to the week before, as it did have a more relaxed feel with people dining to live music whilst supping their wine. After wandering around all of the stalls and noticing the abundance of small dogs, mincing men and drag queens, we agreed this was probably quite a popular event with Sydney’s gay and lesbian community!

So after a little debate we spent our food tokens on Presecco, Sauvignon Blanc, Pistachio Macaroons and a Curry… we will leave you to decide who picked out what!!

After our early lunch it was time to head up to the 7th Annual Australian Beer Festival at the Australian Heritage Hotel; although it was more like a big street party

As the sun decided to come out it was thirsty work, and after a couple of hours we were joined by Jess & Andy. To be fair to them, they did an impressive job of playing catch-up with their drinking considering their Canadian roots!!

With a live band providing music and a significant number of drunk Australian’s by the end of the day, we weren’t short of entertainment. Although a buck’s party did provide us with an extremely bizarre moment when they asked if we would sign the groom to-be’s testical’s with our names… we all politely declined, although there were others who were happy to oblige!

As the festival was coming to an end we headed back to the apartment, grabbing a KFC to soak up some of the afternoon’s entertainment and provide solid foundations for the Halloween party ahead of us! If dining on the Colonel's secret recipe wasn’t enough of a treat for us, we were spoilt by the view of a fireworks display over Darling Harbour / Cockle Bay as we filled our faces back at the flat!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0737s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb