Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
May 20th 2011
Published: July 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sydney



We arrived into Sydney in the dark and drove around in ever decreasing circles until we found our campsite, which was shut. We holed up for the night in a motel and had our first Red Rooster for dinner, a cultural experience we won't be repeating any time soon.

With a heavy heart we gave our camper van back and headed into Sydney to meet Tory's friend Laura who had kindly agreed to put us up. We had an excellent time in Sydney which was mostly due to the friends we caught up with there and Laura and her house mate Mitchel's hospitality.

Highlights of our stay were: the Free Walking Tour (a local student who took groups out for tips); learning to surf on Manly beach (and not succeeding); our walk with Laura from Bondi beach to Bronte (Will managed to take some good shots of the female volley ball players.......); Surrey Hills bakery (only bakery we have seen with a queue outside); our picnic in the botanical gardens; trip to see Sydney Roosters vs Newcastle Knights; and as said before our meeting up with friends.

We umed and arghed over whether to stay in Sydney and work but in the end we decided the draw of home was too great and we continued on our intrepid way!

Travelers tips: if your dropping your camper off on a Sunday don't wait for the attendant, they won't be coming and you will end up waiting in a car park for a few hours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Tory and JamieTory and Jamie
Tory and Jamie

Celebrating surviving the towering 2ft waves
StarbucksStarbucks
Starbucks

No caption required
Much to ToryMuch to Tory
Much to Tory

Will's "for the last time the grass isn't wet" comes back to bite him in the ass.
Does anyone know who these people are?Does anyone know who these people are?
Does anyone know who these people are?

They were getting filmed throughout the game so we decided to take their picture too


8th July 2011

Botanical Gardens
I'm sure we went there as kids - it rings a few bells. PS. Am now officially on school holiday. YIPPEE!!!!!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb