Blue Mountains to Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
September 9th 2010
Published: September 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tue 7th September

After a beautiful night of luxurious comfort, we rose to find a layer of snow just outside our window. The orange sun was just peeping up behind the hills, turning the sky pink and yellow.
I rushed around taking photos in disbelief. I felt as though I was in heaven.
After a gourmet breakfast we drove down to Jenolan Caves where we did a tour of The orient Cave. This was absolutely amazing - mind boggling with 358 steps! Following that, we drove down to Kanungara Wall and took more spectacular pics of the blue mountains and the colourful, gigantic rock wall.

Our exercise quota today has been very satisfying so I swallowed my pride, donned my new swimmers and had a soak in the hot spa here at McKeowans Rest.



Wed 8th

Sadly, we had to pack up and depart this restful haven and head for Sydney. We discovered a fantastic coffee/lunch stop at Blackheath in a place known as the Victory Theatre. Behind the restaurant we came across the most fascinating antique/bric-a-brak place where we could have spent hours. Definitely worth another look sometime!
We arrived at our Medina Grand apartment in Sydney approx. 2pm giving us plenty of time to shop, shower and change ready to meet Bob & Joan at the Opera House for Pirates of Penzance with Anthony Warlow. What a night- what a show! Just fantastic. If you can get down to see it- do it!


Thur 9th
We spent today lunching and sailing on Sydney Harbour with Majistic Cruises. Bob and Joan joined us and for the next 2 hours as we viewed some of the most stunning Harbour sights in the world. The weather was kind enough for us to sit out on the deck enjoying some of the finest food we’ve had on previous Harbour Cruises. It was sad saying farewell to the Stuart's. We had such a great time the three May Babies together!
A quiet evening relaxing in our apartment brought to a close, another wonderful day!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb