Sweet and crisp


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 10th 2009
Published: October 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finally arrived at Sydney at 11:30am on October 10 - after almost 12 hours of flight!! Thanks to the transfer at Taipei >_<:

Fresh air - I feel like I am back in Vancouver. This is the smell that I missed during my stay in Hong Kong last month. Today is one of the cooler days here, considering that it is almost summer. They said the weather has been quite extreme. It was 31 degrees last week. Darn, we brought only one windbreaker jacket.

Special thanks to Connie for introducing her Australian Uncle and Aunt to us. They are so kind to pick us up from the airport and take us to our new home.

The place that we are staying at is owned by a pair of Christian couple with a 7 year old daughter. We are so glad to meet this family - they did everything to make sure we feel like home here! Praise to Jesus!

This place is a remodeled garage, which is called "granny flat" here. Apparently it is quite common for people to modify their garage and rent it out for additional income, at least in Sydney. The area that we stay in is called Bexley, which is in South Sydney. This place is not like any of the pictures with modern buildings that we see in the travel books, instead, it is kind of like Fraser / Main street area in Vancouver - small stores, traditional-looking houses. However, it is only about 20 mins train ride to the City and it is 2 train stations (or 25 mins) walk away from Hurtsville, which is an area with lots of Asian restaurants and grocery stores. Not a bad area to live in.

The landlord took us to a Chinese restaurant at Hurtsville for dinner. We had the biggest oyster we ever had in our life - yummy!

This is Day 1. Still don't quite feel like I am in Australia yet, we gotta go check out the City and the beaches soon! Sun - where are you if you are not in Vancouver? We need you!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb