sydney 27/12-3/1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 3rd 2009
Published: January 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arrived back in Sydney ready for new years. Stayed at heathers for the week, which was really nice as all her friends and house mates are really easy to get on with, although it did involve quite a bit of drinking. While we were back in Sydney we did a little bit more sight seeing. First we returned to the botanical garden after realizing that it was much bigger than we had thought and we had missed a load of it out. After our second visit we realized it was much nicer than we thought the first time and was probably one of the best ones we have been to.

While in Sydney we also visited Sydney observatory, which had a 3D theatre room where we saw a film about the relative sizes of different astronomical bodies, and 2 telescopes where we got to see the moon and Venus close up. The area where the observatory is, is really pretty so whilst we waited for our tour we watched the sunset.

On another day we went to st Andrews cathedral (I think it’s the oldest cathedral in Sydney), the library which had a cool exhibition on, and nsw art gallery.

New years eve was a really good day although it gets really busy so we had to arrive to get a spot at 11:15am. It was a really gorgeous day so we took a picnic and sunbathed (we got a little sun burnt). The atmosphere was really good (a bit like a festival), there were stalls selling food and beer, and it was so busy that your towel was overlapping the towel next to you. The fireworks were really amazing and people were getting really excited. They are much better in real life than on TV. The streets were a bit mad on the way back because they were all closed off and packed with celebrators. When we got back we caught up with everyone else and had some drinks.
On the last day in Australia, we went to Sydney opera house bar for a meal with people we had met whilst staying at Heathers. This meal was to say bye to Heather as it was also her last day in Australia. It was a really nice place as it had a great view over the harbour.



Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



7th January 2009

happy birthday!!!
Happy birthday david from all of us!!! hope you have a fantastic time whatever you decide to do!!!take care!!!xxxlove from hazel dad and jai and also adie and aleeshya!!!

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb