Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 3rd 2008
Published: November 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left New Zealand at about 4am and there was snow on the cars. 3 hours later we get to Sydney and it is boiling! It didn't help we were wearing all our warmest clothes but was a nice change!
Sydney was brilliant, definately one of the higlights so far. We first got a tour from Grahame which was great to get our bearings. We then went over to our room at Manly Lodge hotel which was just slightly nicer than a hostel!! To top it off we then had a lovely home cooked meal from Noreen which went down very well.
Our first two days were in Manly which is a really nice place and we headed into the city once to do some general sight seeing like the opera house and harbour bridge etc.
On tuesday we moved out of our room and tried to book somewhere else but everything was either full or just rank and really expensive. So on the off chance I checked for a hotel deal and we got a 3 nights for the price of 2 on a really nice hotel. Premier king, ensuite room sounds a bit better than standard double, shared bathroom so we went for that! But before the hotel we had a night at the Ainsworths some old family friends. This was a great night, their house was amazing, we had a great meal, and it was really good to catch up. The following day the weather wasn't great so went to the aquarium which was really cool. On the wednesday we went to the zoo which was also incredible.
On the firday we decided to chill out as we had been invited out to a meal with the Rattues and then a night out after. This meal was delicious and the night was great fun and an interesting experience as well!
Finally on the saturday we had until 10pm (that was when we had to catch the bus to Byron) so we headed to Bondi and Jem did some shopping and I had another catch up with Jessie Ainsworth.

The bus was not a great experience as it was a 12 hour over night journey and even worse we have another 2 over the next three weeks!

Byron Bay is pretty cool but the weather has been pants so not really seeing the best of it. I'm hoping to hit cheeky monkeys tonight: 'The best place on earth' - Rob Dicks

We have booked everything else including all hostels which was painful when handing over the cash but we got a great deal and it's a real weight of our minds.

Until next time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb