Arrived in Sydney...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
September 1st 2008
Published: September 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well I've just dropped off the van and as Shelley's said it's a little sad to be leaving it. We've travelled over 1700 miles, seen amazing wildlife and incredible scenery. This culminated as we dropped down off the mountains into Sydney. In the distance we could see the sky scrapers and the magnificent harbour bridge. Amazing. I turned to Bella and pointed it out. 'Impressive isn't is Bella,' I said. She replied, 'yes, but I'd rather go to Scotland. There's much more fun there.'

Such a tough customer.

A couple of other things to mention about the van. Firstly, the roads in Oz aren't that great in places. To be fair they have so much more than us to keep re-surfacing, it's a wonder how they keep them this good. However, several bumpy rides were had and due to child-seat reasons, Shelley had to sit at the back with Noah. The plus side to this was that whenever we hit a bumpy patch, seeing her in the rear-view mirror bobbing up and down a couple of feet at a time, with that 'I can't believe I agreed to this' look - one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Seriously though she's been a great sport as we've come a long way and it's not been a comfortable ride. And fair play to her for taking the rough with the smooth. 'It's been great to have done all we've done' she said. Pretty positive considering her spine has shrunken by 3 inches and she now walks with a stick.
Finally, did you know the van was actually stolen? Yep. Dam thieves. They must have snatched the keys whilst we were distracted with the kids. Anyway it looks like they got spooked as they drove at speed, tripping a speed camera in the process and then put the van back exactly where it was. Bloody cheek!
A wonderful time had.

More when we're back from Fiji.

Steve xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb