Hello from Port Stephens!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Stephens
August 31st 2008
Published: September 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Noah on Shoal BeachNoah on Shoal BeachNoah on Shoal Beach

For crying out loud where did I put my trousers?
So its our last night in the motorhome........maybe we should have done a before and after photo, after all we should look relaxed, tanned and chilled, shouldn't we??

Well, as for the tan, thats kind of faded over the last few weeks because although the weather has been pleasant its not been hot - but then we have travelled along way from the tropics now. I would also say that we have eaten a treat too many, cause i think that we have all gained a few pounds!

Anyway I'm dreading emptying the van, because we have bought and accumulated so much stuff, I'm not sure how on earth i'm going to pack it into the suitcases! I think that we will all be sad to see it go (well it has been our home for 8 weeks) but I also think that we are ready for a bit of space and normality - I will certaintly be glad that I won't have to make a bed every night (and i don't just mean the bedding!) And I won't even mention the bathroom!

An update since the last blog, we are in beautiful place called Port Stephens, there are loads of little beaches with georgeous views and blue sea. You can sit on the beach right next to a mountain or a massive sand dune, each one seems to be different. So many of the houses face the sea - I can see why someone would live here. Also the campsite is pretty good with loads for the kids to do, so we decided to stay here for 5 nights rather than keep moving about. Tomorrow we are staying in a cabin (like a chalet) so that we can do all the packing and clean the van out properly as it has to be handed back on monday.

So we are off to Fiji on tuesday for 10 nights, a bit of a holiday within a holiday! We are looking forward to it, some nice hot weather - but we probably won't be in touch for a while now.

A massive happy birthday for my mum - we hope you had a fantastic day and were spoiled rotten.

And good luck to Emily and Rick who get married on Fri 4th Sep - we hope you have a truely memorable day, sorry that we can't be there, but i will have a cocktail on the beach and raise a glass! Please email some pics asap.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb