HAPPY 21st BEN & LUCY!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
June 5th 2008
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was Ben & Lucy's 21st Birthday (as you've no doubt guessed from the title!!) and I had the day off work!! Lucy awoke to birthday cake and cards before we got ourselves ready and headed out into the rain!! The original plan for the day, had the sun been out, was to head up the coast to Palm Beach which is where they shoot home & away and spend the day exploring there, but due to the almost torrential rain we've been having I had to come up with a plan B. Plan B turned out to be a really good day out. We got a combined ticket the gave us entry to the Sydney Aquarium, Wildlife world and the sky tower - so that's exactly what we did. I'd heard loads of good things about the Aquarium and we weren't disappointed it was awesome!! They had a huge Seal enclosure that allowed you to watch them play both above and below the water. They also had a shark enclosure that you could walk under and they had some of the biggest sharks and string rays I've ever seen. The sting ray was 4 metres long!! I also saw my first ever turtle - it rocked!!

The wildlife world was good, especially as they had a cave built inside with an aboriginal dude explaining how they play the digeridoo and make all the different sounds - he could even talk through the digeridoo whilst playing - now that's quite a party trick!!

We timed the sky tower really well as it was still light when we wen down but by the time we were ready to leave the sun had gone down and all the city lights were on - it wa beautiful, it's just a shame the weather wasn't better!

We had a bit of a nightmare evening as the restaurant we'd planned to go for dinner was chocker and we didn't stand a chance of getting a table....as was the second place we tried!! We ended up at the pub opposite my office which is always pretty empty, where we were joined by our cousin Liz and her housemate as well as my two housemates, and all had really good fish and chips!! I then dragged Lu to the lounge for the long promised drink although the days activities had well and truely worn her out and we soon headed home to get ready for our night tomorrow roaring and snoring at taronga zoo!!

....watch this space photos to follow!! xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb