Lucy's in Sydney!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
June 4th 2008
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After 9 months of travelling it was so good to see my lil sis coming through the departure gates on Friday. I'd managed to score a car from a friend to go and pick her up which saved us some pennies - although it did take us 50 mins longer to get home as the google map directions were so rubbish. To be fair - it was probably rather cruel of me to get Lu to navigate after 26 hours of flying and 2 stopovers!! But she'd arrived safe and sound and we eventually found our way to the house with the pink door!

The weather was beautiful so after a shower and a change we headed down to Circular Quay to see the Opera house and the Harbour bridge, again probably incredibly unfair of me to drag her around Sydney after all that travelling but I thought it would keep her going so that she could oush through the jet lag, but by 3 she was lookign like a drugged zombie and wasn't making any sense so i took her home for a snooze and a chilled evening.

On Saturday the weather, again, didn't disappoint so Nish, Nina, Lucy & I all went out for some brunch at the scrummiest organic scrambled eggs on toast. The we piled on the bus to Coogee beach and spent the afternoon doing the Coogee to Bondi walk. It was awesome and the weather was so good we were regretting not taking our bathers!! After some dinner the plan was to try again and head down to the lounge, but yet again, after a day of fresh aussie air and exercise, mixed in with the jetlag Lu was struggling to keep her eyes open and turned in for another early night!!

After such beautiful weather over the past few weeks it was a bit of a shocker to wake up to rain on Sunday! Lucy and I had a lazy morning. finally got ourselves organised and nade our way down to the cinema to see Forgetting Sarah marshall (awesome) and escape the rain. On our way back in the afternoon we stopped in to the lounge for a bowl of hot chocolate (amazing!!) and then back to the house with the pink door.

Unfortunately after such a nice weekend I had to head back to work, so lucy spent the week days entertaining herself seeing the city, getting soaked in the rain and then meeting m form work! On monday evening we went down to Darling Harbour, which is lovely in the evening as everything's lit up in different colours, and we had some dinner looking our over the harbour.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb