Sydney - Part 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 10th 2008
Published: February 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The First Weekend



So firstly we should say, that our luck with the weather has been close to non existent! We landed in Sydney in the middle of a huge thunder storm. No problems with the landing, but we had to wait on the plane for 45 mins because the ground staff weren't allowed out the building during the storm. This was just the beginning of the fun times with the rain.

For those of you who don't know, we are staying here in Sydney with some of Chris' family friends (The MacDonalds) in Burwood, a suburb about 20 mins from the city centre. They'll be appearing in some photos later.

Friday
We decided to have a little lie in and then wander on into the centre in the afternoon. We had a walk around a drizzly Darling Harbour and then took the monorail into the city centre to get our bearings with the Sydney. They have their own Hyde Park, which we took a stroll through whilst the rain held. We then headed back and went out for a nice pub meal with the others once they were back from work.

Saturday
It rained in the morning, so Yas decided the best option would be to go shopping with Kate! Leaving Chris to have a run and a swim at home. In the afternoon we headed back into town when the sun came out and went for a lovely walk around Circular Quay, the Opera House and the Botanical Gardens, followed by dinner in the Rocks (obviously it had to be Italian because Yasi had a craving).

Sunday
It rained yet again, but we decided to chance our arm and go for a drive up to Watson's Bay and then down the Pacific Coast. When we arrived at The Gap though it was still raining, so we didn't hang about too long! We headed down through Bondi, and then on to Coogee Beach where we met up with Emma (the MacDonald's eldest daughter) and Liam (her boyfriend) for a coffee. We then had a relaxing Sunday evening gearing up for our first full week in Sydney.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0902s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb