The next stage - Tropical Queensland


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
February 2nd 2008
Published: February 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Queensland leg


Hi everyone!

Here's the latest installment of photos! We are now in Sydney, so without further ado are the photos from Queensland. We had a great time up there, the weather was a bit of a mixed bag, but it was hot and sunny when we most needed it!

Cairns
We stayed in a nice hostel just out of the city, with a nice pool which was great considering the heat and humidity. Cairns itself is quite small, but we had a nice time relaxing in the laid back atmosphere. Visits included Kuranda, on the Skyrail through the rainforest and then back on the Scenic Railway. We also swam a bit in the lagoon, which is a massive man made outdoor pool on the waterfront, as Cairns has no beach. We then rented a car and headed north to Port Douglas.

Port Douglas
We were lucky enough to get a studio flat quite cheap as it is the low season there, and also 3 days of lovely weather! We were there for Australia Day weekend. Australia Day we spent at Mossman Gorge (a natural water hole in the forest), and then on Four Mile Beach. Gorgeous! We went out to the Great Barrier Reef and snorkeled all day on the Sunday. The weather meant we could see lots and it was an absolutely amazing experience. We even had time to follow the Australian Open and Novak Djokovic's win over Tsonga.

Cape Trib
We then headed even further up the coast to Cape Tribulation, right in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest, where the rainforest meets the sea. We had a lovely drive up the coast to the deserted white beaches. It was a very relaxing time up there, as there is not tons of stuff to do, but Yasi managed to find time to squeeze in a Swedish massage at the resort Spa. We chilled on the deserted beaches, in the pool, and were not stopped by the tropical rainfall!


That's pretty much it for Queensland, so our next update should include all the lastest from our time here in Sydney. Hope you are all well, and spk soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb