Waiting for New Years Eve

Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 15th 2008
Published: January 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Leaving the boys apartmentLeaving the boys apartmentLeaving the boys apartment

Our eventful Saturday night out
Weds 26th Dec:
So Boxing Day I spent most of it still ringing the UK and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. It turned into a very chilled day, just hanging out at the beach and the hostel.

Thurs 27th Dec:
We're just waiting for New Years Eve, loving the beach weather.

Fri 28th Dec:
We're still waiting for New Years Eve and still loving the beach weather.

Sat 29th Dec:
So , tash and I took the ferry over to Manly for the day. Scorching hot day and a ridiculously packed beach but great nonetheless.
It was Hayley's last night with us all so we had a posh night out down at Darling Harbour. Turned out to be rather eventful. We arrived at the club and were getting asked for ID, which I don't carry on me, I mean, I'm practically an OAP now! So I speak to the doorman who tells me my age is not in question but he still needs my ID............... Any explanations gratefully received on that one?!
So, I have a nice $50 round trip cab journey back to Bondi to collect my passport which he glances at before happily letting me in!!!!
Our view for the dayOur view for the dayOur view for the day

Not too shabby
You can't blame me for wanting a drink after that!
Anyway, we had a great night out. Hayley's friends were over from home, the Irish boys had graced us with their presence, and all in all its was asound night. The icing on the cake arrived around 0300 when West Ham pulled it out of the bag and beat Man Utd 3-2, oh what a night!!

Sun 30th Dec:
I had a crazy day today, waking up and feeling not even slightly hungover. I made the most of it. Went for a run down on the promenade, stopping at muscle beach gym for a workout. Then ran back to the hostel. Dan and H wanted to know what was wrong with, just high on life! With still more energy I then went body surfing before taking a long walk up the hill to the boys apartment for the afternoon. With H still with us, we went out for a last supper together.

Sun 31st Dec:
NY Eve finally arrives. Dan and I dragged our heels half the morning before hopping on the bus to the junction for some food to take down to MacQuarie's Point, our location for NYE. We then spent a good 90 mins queueing to get into the point but fortunately Tash and Jean had got there much earlier and saved us some space. With my blanket spread out we were sorted for the day, only 9hrs to go!!!
It was around 30 degrees so we took it in turns to sit in the shade. What a crazy way to spend the day, the fireworks had better be good!!
And they were awesome. There was a family display at 2100 and then the big finale at midnight. It was definitely a night to remember.

Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Me and DanMe and Dan
Me and Dan

Waiting patiently, at least its dark now!
Me, Tash and JeanMe, Tash and Jean
Me, Tash and Jean

Still waiting....
Trust me, the fireworks are better than the photo!Trust me, the fireworks are better than the photo!
Trust me, the fireworks are better than the photo!

The timer on the Bridge, counting down.....

Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 16; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0073s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb