Back to Bondi


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
January 15th 2008
Published: January 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

"The" Surf Club"The" Surf Club"The" Surf Club

How exciting!!!!
Sat 15th Dec:
Heading back to Sydney to try and find some accommodation for Xmas and New Year. Very fortunate to get a hostel in Bondi, only 1min walk from the beach. Got there and booked in for the duration, Laz more complicated as he was trying to arrange to meet his cousin in New Zealand for Xmas.
was time to sell Sheila so we put together a flyer ready to distribute to the hostels tomorrow.

Sun 16th Dec:
Weather grim so happy to be driving around dropping flyers. Started at Manly and then into the city and Kings Cross. We picked Tash (friend from hockey) up from the station and dropped the last few flyers then back to Bondi. Went to Hogs Breath for food and it started chucking down, making it really cold. We made the executive decision to sit inside and sample the wine for the afternoon, not much else to do in this weather!

Mon 17th Dec:
Got up and early and went down to the Promenade. It's such an active place, people permanently out, power walking or jogging. Tash joined me and sat there all morning until the wind got so bad it was blowing sand into my pockets! we met up with Lis and just hung out by the beach.
Headed back to the hostel for food. Caught up with Laz who'd been into the city to change his ticket to New Zealand. His news, though not a complete shock, was that he'd changed his ticket to fly home on Saturday!
I spent the evening chilling with my roomie, Dan.

Tues 18th Dec:
Good weather finally arrives. I took the opportunity whilst still having the car to drive up to Palm Beach, or more famously known as Summer Bay (Home & Away). It was a bit of a trek up there but worth the drive. We were even more excited when we found the Surf Club, hence all the pics.

Weds 19th Dec:
H and I headed into the city. I needed to change my ticket too. With the parentals heading out to Perth in January, it would be rude not to go over and see them (plus a bit of luxury won't go amiss!!!) Took a walk down to Circular Quays.

Thurs 20th Dec:
I had to change rooms today so carried all my stuff down 2 flights of stairs to my new room.
Went to Bondi Junction with Laz to get a few bits. Collected my parcel from Em's house, my Xmas presents from Mum n Dad. It was nice to get some Xmas cards and pressies. Had to open some, Branston Pickle and Marmite, who'd have thought they could be the best presents I could want for. Just hung out with whoever was around for the rest of the day.

Fri 21st Dec:
We had no luck selling the car so Laz took it back to the company we'd bought it from. Hit the beach with Dan and Tash.
H, Laz and myself went out for a Last Supper and amazingly managed an early night.

Sat 22nd Dec:
So, today is his final day. I stuck around the hostel with Laz until his shuttle arrived at 1400. Strange feeling watching him go after having planned the 9 month trip together but looking forward to the experience of travelling alone.

Sun 23rd Dec:
Another chilled day at the beach.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Tash, Me and HayleyTash, Me and Hayley
Tash, Me and Hayley

Enjoying Summer Bay
The ultimate Home & Away photoThe ultimate Home & Away photo
The ultimate Home & Away photo

with Tash and I wearing the Exe home and away shirts..... see what we did there.....
Skate park on BondiSkate park on Bondi
Skate park on Bondi

skills! He jumped 20 skateboards


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb