End of Road Trip & Sydney.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 14th 2008
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Morning. We have finally arrived in Sydney on our last leg of the trip.

Picking up from previous blog, we got up early at Tin Can Bay to go and feed the dolphins, once again it was raining but it didn't matter as it was quite an experience. We then went back to Mia Mia for breakfast and a wonderful chat with Jenny and John (owners of the B&B). Heard about their 3 1/2 year holiday travelling Australia, some of it so remote that they didn't see anyone for days, made our road trip seem incredibly tame.

Finally headed off to Manely, spectacular drive through the Blackall Range before arriving at the B&B. Realised things weren't going well when they didn't know we had a booking despite paying for it back in October. The room was shabby but almost clean and breakfast the next day left a lot to be desired so we headed off for Brisbane as early as we could.

Got to Brisbane about 10.30 and found the B&B without too much difficulty. An absolutely gorgeous traditional Queenslander house. We dumped our bags and headed into the city which was about a 20 minute walk. Spent the afternoon sightseeing before heading back to change and go out for dinner. The local area had a great choice of bars and restaurants (a change from the remoteness of some of the B&B's). Up again early next morning to take the car back to the airport and catch our flight to Sydney.

What can I say about Sydney!! It has turned out to be everything we hoped it would be. Our hotel room is overlooking the Opera House and we are minutes from The Rocks. This is a very historic part of town as it is where the first convicts landed, lots to do and see here. First night we had dinner on the Circular Quay overlooking the Opera House. Yesterday we did a bus tour before wandering along to the Opera House and taking a guided tour, an absolutely fantastic building.

Tomorrow is the big day, Steven's 50th so we are up early to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Then sadly on Thursday we start our journey home so this will be the last blog. Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us and no doubt we will bore you with the photo's and stories once we get back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb