New Year in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 7th 2008
Published: January 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wow! The only word to describe New Year's Eve this year. We're hoping to get some film online of the fireworks, but struggling with technical Vietnamese difficulties at the moment. More of Vietnam in the next update.

After a rocky start (Qantas lost my bag-on a 1h15 min flight, remarkable!) Sydney was fantastic, great weather, great food and a great city. We caught up on some shopping, walked for miles visting the opera house, Darling Harbour and wedging ourselves onto a ferry to get back to the hotel with the other 500 tourists waiting to do the same thing.

We headed out to the sticks one day to visit more of the family down under. Made it to Cambeltown and back without a hitch in time for Mum and John to have their first taste of Bento boxes for supper. Yum.

We caught up with an old friend of Mum's and managed to get to the Sydney Aquarium and wildlife centres, no where near as good as the real thing, it makes you realise how lucky we have been to see so much out in the wild.

So, NYE 2007, we were picked up at Darling Harbour,
SydneySydneySydney

Jan & Gemma-too much to drink?
with a cocktail to kick off, the top of the boat was all open with a bar in the middle, so we made ourselves comfortable up there and whiled the night away, eating, drinking, singing/dancing and enjoying the fireworks. Hope the pictures do them justice when we get them online!

New Year's Day was spent sunning ourselves at Bondi Beach, perfect way to recover, along with the 50,000 other people who thought the same thing!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0889s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb