Vietnam Madness


Advertisement
Asia
January 18th 2008
Published: January 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrival in Vietnam on the 3rd Jan was pretty eventful. The hotel we'd try to book with hadn't got back to us with a final confirmation so we arrived at Ho Chi Minh with no definite place to go. Hopped in a taxi after a scrum outside the airport and headed into the mayhem that is HCMC. We arrived at the hotel to find no room at the inn, but they did their damnedest to find us something else and luckily within 20 mins we were on two mopeds, with drivers and rucksacks, screeching through the HCMC streets. At that stage we weren't aware of the 33 road fatalities per day that occur in Vietnam, but my driver definitely had finger nail marks in his side for a few days after that.

We were taken up to our room on the 5th floor by 5 (yes 5) cleaning ladies, who appeared to have their beds set up in the corridors on each floor. Wierd. There didn't appear to be any other guests, which, given so many of the hotels around were full was also wierd. On entering the room we couldn't help but notice the massive mirror on the ceiling. Had a good chuckle at the fact we must be staying in what used to be a brothel. Ha ha....

You can guess the rest....

We're uploading a selection of photos from our tours in HCMC, Mekong Delta, Mui Ne, Dalat, Nha Trang, and the wonderful Hoi An. Julie V in particular has to visit this place, absolute heaven-check out my blue gecko shoes, custom made, love them!

We've met up with some great people along the way, in particular Katie & Chris in HCMC, great night guys hope you're home safe. And Andrea and Aiden in Hoi An, safe onward travels to India and good luck for the big day in Sept!!

More from Vietnam soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb