I Love Sydney!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 27th 2007
Published: December 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

When we woke up this morning it was slightly overcast so we decided to do all the indoorsy things today. We started off with a wee bit of shopping, but as it was the December sales it was mayhem! I was getting fed up with the shambolic mess of the rails so we called a halt to it and headed for a bite to eat before diving up the Sydney Sky tower to admire the view, despite being a cloudy day you could still see a fair distance in all directions and I still think this is a beautiful city!!

As part of the trip we got a free virtual tour of Oz, which I had been told was a must do but Graham and I were not too bothered about it. Graham bumped into a chap he knew from Falkland, who used to be the landord of a pub he used to frequent in his misspent youth!! It is a small world!

It was a short walk down to Darling harbour, which is equally stunning during the day, to Sydney Aquarium. As far as aquariums go it is the best I have ever been to, although it was very very busy due to being the holiday season...to name but a few we saw Crocs, Penguins, Platapus, Sharks, Turtles and all the characters from "Finding Nemo"

That night we headed to Sydney Harbour Bridge and climbed the 134 metres structure. We opted for the Twighlight climb which meant we saw the city from up high just as the sunset then we saw the Opera House and City lights in dark which is really breathtaking! For both Graham and I being feardies when it comes to heights we felt suprisingly safe up there, and if anyone is headed to this part of the world then you have to do the climb. Graham was gutted as his radio was accidently switched off half way round and he missed some of the commentary by our guide Baxter. He probably could have switched it back on but was too busy concentrating on maintaining the 'three points of contact' we were told to have at all times!!!










Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb