Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 23rd 2007
Published: December 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Harbour View The Harbour View The Harbour View

From our Harbour View Room. This was when the weather was good.
After a quick couple of days in Melbourne, our trip got officially off to a flyer in Sydney.

We touched down on 23rd and were greeted by insane humidity and a billion flies, after a shady airport transfer we stayed in a really rank hostel/"Hotel" in the Cross (Kings Cross) then moved to the very plush Sydney Harbour View Room in O'Malleys.

Did the usual city viewing touristy stuff like the Harbour, Opera House, Botanical Gardens. Weather was starting to get worse and much stormier in the lead up to my surprise dinner out for Thom in Sydney Sky Tower. On the morning of this long anticipated night out Thom's first words that morning were pretty choice, but with good reason. Our panoramic Harbour View had been replaced by a whopping grey cloud and the sky tower was no-where to be seen.
We resorted to going for the standard English response and popped our sunny weather clothes on and chuckled about it with phrases like "Oh, it's bound to blow over". In actual fact we got utterly soaked in a storm down by the harbour, spent about 30 quid on a taxi to the restaurant (I was wearing my
BridgeBridgeBridge

Pic came out great considering it was taken by a drunk bloke who actually sprinted out a restaurant to take it for us.
fab dress - nee way was I walking!) then tried to make out the city scape from a foggy window high above the city that evening. After a posh cocktail, my sampling the wine list and Thom on the beers we stopped caring after a short while and made full use of the banquet. We had Sydney Rock Oysters - seafood galore, huge courses of dishes from around the world and then stole a handbags worth of cakes on our way out (we are classy people - what can I say).

The weather cleared up a tad so we did the Coogee to Bondi thang and were still plagued by flies. Had a great night in the Hari Krishna 'All you can eat with a movie' (lying down) in Govinda's. Saw 'This is England'. Very Good film - then got a lil drunk with Thom's mate Lee (from London - but met in Melb) before he left for a surf/chill tour of Indonesia.

On the whole we were glad to pick up our van (Mitzy Matilda) and get going into better weather and the real Oz.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Storm BrewingStorm Brewing
Storm Brewing

Funny Street Performer kept on performing despite the weather.
Sky TowerSky Tower
Sky Tower

On a clearer day a few days after we went there.
What a view!What a view!
What a view!

Best we could get accompanied by champagne cocktails
Looking on the Brighter SideLooking on the Brighter Side
Looking on the Brighter Side

"I'm in Sydney, I don't work these days and here's a nearly full glass of wine!"
Sky Tower DinnerSky Tower Dinner
Sky Tower Dinner

Look like I'm in a bad mood here - but I really wasn't. Thom had just stolen the alcoholic coconut cakes!
Typical Sydney Pic 2Typical Sydney Pic 2
Typical Sydney Pic 2

Day before we left.
Typical Sydney Pic 3Typical Sydney Pic 3
Typical Sydney Pic 3

Thats more like it!
Celebs!!!Celebs!!!
Celebs!!!

One of about 15 posh weddings we saw in the Botanical Gardens - the Channel 7 helicopter was filming this one so we thought it good sense to take a pic in case we can sell it on to Heat or something.
BatsBats
Bats

All asleep in the Botanical Gardens
Typical Sydney Pic 5Typical Sydney Pic 5
Typical Sydney Pic 5

Darling Harbour at nightime
Typical Sydney Pic 6Typical Sydney Pic 6
Typical Sydney Pic 6

Darling Harbour Again
Ner Ner Ne Ner NerrrNer Ner Ne Ner Nerrr
Ner Ner Ne Ner Nerrr

For Bex and Paul. We ate here to rub it in guys. The thick shakes are still as magnifique as they were before.
Coogee BeachCoogee Beach
Coogee Beach

The Ray-Ban pose
ThomThom
Thom

A split second when he wasn't waving his arms about swearing at the flies on our Coogee to Bondi walk. I guesstimated it'd take us about 45mins. 3 hours later he was in much need of a large beer in Bondi.
BondiBondi
Bondi

Skater dudes showing off on the beach.
When Cockatoos move to the cityWhen Cockatoos move to the city
When Cockatoos move to the city

This sorry looking creature was on our window sill on the morning we left Sydney - we think he'd been waiting there all night and we both screamed when Thom opened the blinds. He kind of fits into the look of Kings Cross I guess.


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb