Melbourne Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
August 17th 2007
Published: August 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Melbourne Area Destinations

We stayed at the Greenhouse Backpackers Hostel.... it was awesome. A little loud but awesome location. Saturday we drive to the Great Ocean Road (3.5 hours from Melbourne) and Sunday we explored downtown Melbourne.

Hi All,

We are counting the days left here in Brisbane... 8 days to go! Next Saturday we are flying to the Whitsunday Islands, renting a car, exploring the northeast coast of Australia and the Great Barrier Reef. From there, we are flying to Aucklank, New Zealand, and making our way down to the south island over two weeks.

Attached are our pictures from a side trip we took from Melbourne. More to come in the next blog.

Even though the work in Brisbane is coming to an end and the time to travel is almost here which should be the highlight of our trip. This is going to be the hardest days of our journey. As Hank is going to miss watching what should be the start of the rebirth of the Florida State Seminoles to their glory days and he has already started to show some odd signs of depression (from humming the fight song and starting the chop for no apparent reason). Not only that but he is 20 minutes away from missing his fantasy football draft. The Aussie Football League and the National Rugby League are nice but there is nothing like American Gridiron.
Sheep! Sheep! Sheep!

Tons of sheep on the way to Great Ocean Road.
Please feel free to keep Hank posted on the WINNINGS of FSU as these will be some dark days without tv access, a comfortable couch, and buffalo chicken wings. If by some cruel twist of fate, God sleeps-in on a Saturday and FSU losses, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. After all I am the one that has to live with him.

PS death to the Hurricanes and Gators! GO NOLES!!!!!!!!

Okay... the last two paragraphs were Hank... trying to pass as me. Funny Guy!

Love and Hugs,

Hank and Christine


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Other viewOther view
Other view

This was the beach we were on in the previous pictures.
Sheep & Cow FieldsSheep & Cow Fields
Sheep & Cow Fields

On the way back to Melbourne


1st September 2007

It is very fortunate for Hank that he won't see FSU get whooped by Clemson to start the season. There is a good chance that he will convert to a Hurricane fan by the time he arrives home! Have a great time on your travels. Dixie was happy to see your pictures and wants you to hurry home! Tug

Tot: 0.363s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.3307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb