Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 17th 2003
Published: September 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Down under at last!!! How does it feel to be on the other side of the world? Fantastic!! scary new different and exciting. One of the first things i noticed about being in Sydney was the upside down moon. It seems silly but it really made me feel that i was on the other side of the world.

Seeing famous landmarks like the statue of liberty and big ben in london are always special moments for me but when i walked around the corner in Sydney on my first day unveiling the Opera House i was speechless. well i was'nt i actually said 'f*cking hell' but you know what i mean. It is a beautiful building in a gorgeous harbour, like everything else: seeing it on Tv so many times does not prepare you for the real thing, and from you own perspective. It has been defaced by some protesters with big red writing on the side, something about Iraq, i was too distracted by all the gorgeous women to actually care.

Darling harbour there is another place to 'people watch'. We went to Tauranga Zoo which was cool to see Kangaroos and Koala's but there seemed to be something missing, they wwre too placid for my liking, i'd much rather see them in the wild. Emu's are f**king scary evil looking things.

It feels brilliant to be here at last. I've got a whole year to explore this country!! Wicked!!! i met some people in my hostel (Wakeup) who were at the end of their years visa and were sick with jelousy that i had just started. I hear that alot of people coming Sydney get stuck here for the year becuase it is so good, so i have planned on a 2 week deadline and have booked an Oz Experience coach with a guy i have met in the hostel or rather latched on to.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Me & AlfMe & Alf
Me & Alf

Neighbours Night, Alf actually called me a Drongo. I dont know what a Drongo is but i like it!!


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb