The Australian Hotel


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
May 10th 2007
Published: May 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The AustralianThe AustralianThe Australian

The Australian Hotel where we had kangaroo pizzas and drank sharers lager.

The Australian Hotel

 Australasia » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney By LakeShow24
May 10th 2007
Alex Clark

The Australian Hotel's Pub

Me Saying Hi
For all of you who don't know this is the same hotel that my parents stayed at when they came to Sydney for the Olympics. I was told by them that I HAD to come to this place and have a beer and a pizza, well I did just that. When we arrived we had to wait to find a table because the place was absolutely packed there was not an empty seat in the house. Once we finnally found a table we sat down and everyone ordered different pizzas and beers. I was feeling a like trying something different so I ordered a kangaroo pizza and scharers lager. Kangaroo despite sounding awkward, was quite good. It was like a very tender, spicy, thin steak. Quite delicious to say the least. As for my beer that was also very very good. This particular beer is only served at this one bar in Australia and was unlike any other beer that I had tried. After lunch everyone agreed that it was an amazing meal and a great experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Eating LunchEating Lunch
Eating Lunch

All of us enjoying our pizzas and beers.
The Pub at The AustralianThe Pub at The Australian
The Pub at The Australian

The pub inside of The Australian Hotel.
Scharers LagerScharers Lager
Scharers Lager

Sharers Lager sign at the pub in The Australian Hotel.
Beer Menu in The Australian HotelBeer Menu in The Australian Hotel
Beer Menu in The Australian Hotel

A very wide variety of beers.
Australian HotelAustralian Hotel
Australian Hotel

A side view of the Australian Hotel.
MC Infront of The Australian HotelMC Infront of The Australian Hotel
MC Infront of The Australian Hotel

MC standing infront of the Australian Hotel.
Top of The Australian HotelTop of The Australian Hotel
Top of The Australian Hotel

The Australian Hotel flying the Australian flag.
Me Having Some BeerMe Having Some Beer
Me Having Some Beer

Hanging out at the pub in The Australian Hotel.


13th May 2007

This sure brings back memories
Alex...I remember sitting in there many times while downunder for the Olympics....our room was directly above the pub and the window underneath the the sign is the common area where we had breakfast and watched tv with the other guests and the showers were at the other end of the top floor with another kitchen area. Outside the pub one day there was a delivery, about 100 kegs of Sharer's Lager that were to be delivered to the basement of the pub....Dad climbed on top and laid down and I took his picture....I will show you when you come home. I love you and miss you but am sure glad you guys are having such wonderful times and experience.....Great Mom's day update!!!!!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb