SYDNEY: Back to my Hometown


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 11th 2007
Published: February 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


George & JessGeorge & JessGeorge & Jess

@ Jess' house
I only had a week back down in Sydney because of time off from work etc which wasn't a problem to begin with but towards the end of the week definately became something i wish i could have changed.

Our flight touched down to clouds and the prospect of rain according to the flight attendant however when we arrived it was blue skies and warm (but bearable) sunshine. We were picked up by my friend Jess who's house we were staying at in Newport in the Northern Beaches. We went for fish & chips, dumped our stuff and went to the RSL for dinner and somecheap drinks. $2 Pilsners definately did the trick and after meeting up with a few more of my friends who i introduced George to we were well on our way to drunkeness.

The next morning all boozy and hungover Jess dropped us off at Waringah Mall where i used to work and i also said hello to a few more old work mates before Josh, Jaime, Mike, Viv & Sammi all met us to go for a Barbie on Mona Vale beach. We bought ample supplies (30 cans of VB + sausages) and headed off. The weather was lovely all day and it was nice to catch up with my buddies and introduce them to George.

Danny boy from school got the train down from his work to Sydney to join us in the BBQ and Me, George & Dan all got the bus to the city to check into our hostel. We were hammered but it all worked out. We then got ready and set off for the best nightclub iv ever been to, "Tank".

We stayed up all night, slept the whole next day and didnt even introduce ourselves to our hostel mates 2 days into our stay because we were so out of it. It was all good though we met some ridiuclous people. Two english public school girls who seemed to get up at 6am every day and were always in bed by 9pm. A group of Swedish travellers who were obsessed with "Goon" which is a cheap white wine that comes in a box with a tap ($8 for 4 litres). One of these guys, Emmanuel was the largest man iv ever seen in my life and he had supposedly beeen staying in that hostel for 7
Me George DanMe George DanMe George Dan

Sydney centre, before Tank
months.....paying for his stay by cleaning the kitchens.

The rest of the week George and I spent touring sydney, we went to a convicts exhibition in the NSW Library, we scoured the fun but filthy streets of Kings Cross for some cheap internet...we found some for free. We went to Bondi with Jaime & Sammi and swam in the suprisingly cold sea.

On Weds night Simon & Tom FINALLY arrived. I didnt get to see them until Thursday because i was at Jaime's house but the reunion was great. I met them at the mall, took them to Manly where we had pizza on the beach, we went to Jess' house where strangley they were staying the night but i wasn't (i had an early flight back) and we went out to Mona; my favourite place in the world for going out. It's a pub with a nightclub, a cocktail bar, a sports bar, 3 outside areas, a fruit machine room, and 3 extra bars just in case. Tom coluldn't believe how cool it was which was cool because i'd never seen anything like it till i got to Sydney 6 months ago.

When the pub closed i said my goodbyes to my Sydney friends who i won't be seeing until March 2008 and i said bye to si, Tom & George who i would be seeing in a few months. I got a lift to the city at 3.30am, waited until 5.00am then got my bus to the airport. Back to sweltering Townsville.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Mental GeorgeMental George
Mental George

dancing @ Tank
MONA! MONA!
MONA!

Tom & Simon FINALLY here!!!
MONA 2MONA 2
MONA 2

On the Dancefloor


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb