Arriving in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 23rd 2006
Published: December 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This morning, on advice from someone, we set off early from Narabeen to get 'Jim' back home for Christmas at 10.00am, so we left at 07.30am- only to arrive only an hour later- not taking the predicted 2 hours!

We specifically set off to drive over the Sydney Harbour bridge, which was amazing and hard to keep our eyes on the road through pinching each other saying 'are we really here.' It's a toll bridge, so after paying our $3AUS, Dan navigated us to 'Jim's' home.

After a quick spot of breakfast, we headed to our home for the next 3 nights, The Holiday Inn in Potts Point. (They don't call it Kings Cross - but it is really - this is the red Light District!).

Soon after we headed to an internet cafe to catch up on arrangements with Charlotte and Dyce (friends from the UK, also spending Christmas in Sydney). We were to meet at 1.00pm, but on realising they were only a stones throw from where we were sat, I couldnt wait the 2 hours, so we ran up the street, into the hostel and up the stairs and knocked on their door... 'Housekeeping' I said, just to wind them up, and it worked a treat! We all laughed, hugged, chatted and then couldnt stop chatting for the rest of the day! (well if you know Charlotte and I!)

Our meandering walks, took us through the Botanical Gardens, past the Opera House, and then on to The Rocks where there was a great weekend market in the funky little shopping district.

It was such a great day - even though it rained, not the wonderful weather we expected!

We all enjoyed an Indian together back in KX for Dinner.



Advertisement



25th December 2006

HAppy Xmas
Hey guys just got back from midnight mass! ope all is well and you are having a great christmas on the beach!! Missing you x

Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb