Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 21st 2006
Published: December 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sydney At SunsetSydney At SunsetSydney At Sunset

View from the Manly Ferry
Well guys, thought i'd better give everyone an update to how i'm getting on in Oz. I arrived in Melbourne from Singapore where i met Marie at the airport, so weird seeing her after so long but she has'nt changed one bit. We stayed in Melbourne for one night then got a flight to Sydney the next day. The Hostel in Sydney is cool, the most central to the city centre of all the hostels and near the bus and train stations. Its also very close to Darling Habour which is a really wkd area full of bars and restaurants that are packed every night. Its quite expensive to eat out and drink over here but its still cheaper than home, $5 for a pint which is about 2 pounds. Just i've got to get in the backpacker mentallity of trying to save money! We don't eat out very often. The Hostel has a massive kitchen so we just buy in loads of grub and cook most nights, works out so much cheaper.
I've pretty much done all the sight-seeing that anyone needs to do in Sydney. Been to the Opera House and Habour Bridge. Very surreal seeing it all up so close after seeing it in photos over the years. The Opera House is just made up of, well kitchens tiles, very wierd!
We have been to the famous Bondi Beach. It's so similar to Newquay, just loads better waves and more beach babes in thongs. I've offered to rub suncream on a few of the girls but so far no takers, i'm kinda thinking on the law of averages, someones gotta say yes soon! Maybe i'm charging to much?
I'm also very pissed off because over the last 2 weeks that i have been here there has been about 2 days of sunshine, doesnt even feel like i've left Cornwall! No, the weathers a bit dull but its still really warm. Its meant to be a bit dull Xmas day so it'll feel a bit more like home. It's really hard to believe that in 4 days it's xmas! There isn't really much fuss over here for it, even the Hostel hasn't got a tree! We've brought some tinsel and plastered it over our room. I was guna buy a Santa suit and charge girls to sit on my knee, its really does look like Santa's grotto!
It's very hard to get in the xmas mood so this week we went to a carol sing song in the park. We thought it was just guna be a little thing, but turns out its one of the biggest carol services in the world! There were about 100,000 people there and it was more like a outdoor concert than a carol service. It was aired live on Australian TV, and there were loads of Australian stars there from TV and the music world. Everyone was given candles and when the sun started to go down it looked amazing, everyone had plenty to drink and we were singing our little hearts out!!
We've got ourselves booked into a pub for xmas day dinner. Theres about 10 of us that are going so thats guna be cool, won't be the same as mums though! Xmas eve is going to be really cool, just the same as home, going on a pub crawl through the city and then be to hungover to eat anything on xmas day!!
Well hope everyones ready for xmas, have a wkd time without me and don't drink too much, oh bugger the last bit, get sloshed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

PossumsPossums
Possums

These are everywhere at night in the parks
Cold!Cold!
Cold!

Pretending its cold, ha
Sydney At SunsetSydney At Sunset
Sydney At Sunset

View from the Manly Ferry
Opera House At SunsetOpera House At Sunset
Opera House At Sunset

View from the Manly Ferry
Opera House At SunsetOpera House At Sunset
Opera House At Sunset

View from the Manly Ferry
Opera House At SunsetOpera House At Sunset
Opera House At Sunset

View from the Manly Ferry


25th December 2006

impresive
looks awesome mate hope u have a good xmas out there!!!! peace out rent boy!! love u long time soldier boy

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb