Blue Mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
December 21st 2006
Published: December 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Me and Marie wanted to go and see the Blue Moutains so we hired a car and went off exploring for 4 days. The Blue Moutains is a huge area of beautiful scenery about a hour from Sydney. Its so amazing, the amount of space you can see of nothing is unbelievable. We went to Wentworth Falls, where there is an amazing waterfall. We then went on to Katoomba, where they have the worlds steepest railway. We went down it and i cant discribe how steep it was, felt like we where guna fall out! The next day we went to the Jenolan caves. These were really amazing. There are about 300km of caves under the Blue Mountains which have only been discovered over the last 100 years. One cave we went in called the Orient is the 2nd most beautiful cave in the world, and it was awesome. They have lighting put around the caves which enhances the rocks and it was pretty amazing. From there we drove up to Canberra, Australias capital city where we stayed for one night. Canberra is very clean but it doesn't really seem like the capital of Australia, nothing as big as Sydney or Melbourne. Apparently Sydney or Melbourne was going to be the capital of Australia, but to stop everyone one arguing, they gave it to Canberra. Bit silly really cos theres absolutely nothing to do there. We went to Parliment House which was cool but thats about it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb