Days 11 & 12 - Back home


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
May 5th 2023
Published: May 7th 2023
Edit Blog Post


Left hotel just after 5.30am. The hotel had given us packed breakfasts which we ate on the way to the airport. They had to put my big bag and Peter's big bag on the roof rack. Initially they put one of the small bags in between and they only used one rope across so that it was easy to imagine the small bag flying off as we sped along. We told them to bring it down and put it inside. We made it to the airport with all our luggage intact fortunately.

Because of earlier experience flying to Varanasi, we knew that we would have to remove all electronics or anything hard from our bags, so we got through security with minimal fuss this time. We had 800INR left and ended up buying some more gifts and a wooden camel to go with the elephant bought earlier, with the balance paid by card.

First flight to Singapore was good, trying to stay awake watching a couple of movies and taking advantage of the free in-flight internet. We had a 3 hour lay over, but as usual. It went very quickly, looking at shops, drinking chai lattes and having a look at the Butterfly Garden.

Final leg went smoothly, just the one meal for dinner fortunately, as that way we got a little more sleep. I think I slept about 4 hours. The plane got into Sydney about 25 minutes early at 5.30am. Declared our wooden camel and elephant and customs lady didn't even want to see them. Were out by 6.15am, said our farewells to Peter and Gordon, who we feel are good friends now, and caught a Didi car home.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb