Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » The Rocks
April 7th 2012
Published: May 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Beach day! We headed to Bondi Beach to relax before we went home to the Chicago weather. We relaxed and observed the Australian families interact and got a bit of sun. There are beautiful condo buildings along the beach and one just can’t help but wonder, “What if we lived there?” We caught a bus to Circular Quay, which was quite expensive for public transportation. We paid nearly $9.00 for both of us to board the non air conditioned bus, which Vicky of course got car sick.

After the beach, we walked around one of our favorite Sydney Neighborhoods, The Rocks. The Rocks was a mix of Chicago’s Old Town, The West Loop, and the shops of Michigan Ave. On Saturdays, The Rocks hosts street vendors that sell clothing, jewelry, knick-knacks, and food. We browsed and enjoyed walking through the Australian crowd. After perusing, we had a few beers at a German bar and made friends with some locals. We exchanged stories and it is for certain, that Australians are very kind and genuine people.

After a few beers, another bar, and conversations, we headed to our final Australian adventure: a ghost tour of The Rocks. The Rocks is filled with lots of history and with history, there is typically a Ghost Tour. Not our most recommended tour, but it was nice to wander through the streets and alleys of The Rocks.

We had to end our trip with an amazing seafood tower and with our favorite guest: the Sydney skyline. We started with wine and beer, which led to a delicious bruschetta appetizer, and ended with seafood tower meant for two. The food was absolutely divine and we just about ate everything. We joked saying that we were drunk on seafood. We said good bye to the bridge and to the opera house and we thanked them for having us.

Australian Word of the Day: lift = elevator


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb