Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
April 6th 2012
Published: May 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We slept in a bit and headed to breakfast at the Vibe. We were an hour late to breakfast because the hotel and the entire city was operating on holiday hours because of Good Friday. Thankfully, our hotel was flexible and we had a made to order breakfast. We ate and headed to the zoo by ferry.

Taronga Zoo is quite hilly and to get to the zoo, one typically takes a skyrail to the top. Once you get to the top, you quickly realize that the animals, especially the giraffes in the zoo have the best view of the Sydney skyline. When we arrived at the top and admired the skyline and the opera house, we took a deep breath, and although we had been in Australia for nearly 2 weeks, the thought of actually being in Australia still seemed a bit dreamlike.

We wondered through the zoo and made sure to see all the animals in the Australian exhibit. The zoo was beautiful and we learned more about the Aussie animals. Soon, we headed back to Circular Quay.

After arriving at Circular Quay, we began our walk to the Queen Victoria Building to get some shopping done. During our lengthy walk, we noticed that much of Sydney was closed by 5pm because of Good Friday. We continued our walk knowingly but in denial that the Queen of Victoria Building would be closed. Sure enough, it was closed. We then headed to Hungry Jack for some Whoppers and ice cream and walked the calories off to our hotel.

It was Friday evening so it was time to make friends at the pub. We headed to the pub and went to one that had multiple floors and each floor had a different vibe. We ordered a beer and the bartender told us that the pub would be closing in 30 minutes at 10:00 pm in observance of Good Friday. The only things open on Good Friday past 10pm was going to be the Red Light District.

Australian Word of the Day: Watering hole=bar


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb