Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
August 4th 2011
Published: August 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Opera houseOpera houseOpera house

taken this evening
Well! Got to Sydney and it's a pleasant 25 degrees - much better than the humid 36 degrees in Hong Kong! Lovely and sunny - can't believe it's supposed to be winter here. It's warmer than our summer...

Anyway, we arrived yesterday (what day was that?) and had a good look around the harbour area and the botanical gardens. Saw some wild cockatoos (or were they cockateels?) flying around in the park along with some other exotic looking birds.
In the evening I went to see La Boheme at the Opera house and it was fabulous!! I had such a great time, met a lovely lady sitting next to me and shed a tear at the end - the performance was so good, and it's one of my favourite operas, a bit moving though!

Today I actually called in at Acco Australia - I know what you're thinking! But it was nice to see the people I usually just email. Went to Botany Bay and then into town to havea look around.

Tomorrow we are going on a tour of the Blue Mountains, which I'm looking forward to.
It's expensive here though - they must get paid well
HongKong from KowloonHongKong from KowloonHongKong from Kowloon

Taken during the laser light show
😊

Going to try and upload a photo or two tonight. Hoping it's going to work...




Advertisement



4th August 2011

It ain't half hot mum
36 degrees and humid - now that is a bit over the top. 29.3 C back here in blighty yesterday, and with the humidity through the roof it was, or at least I was, very soggy. Rain today, and a much more refreshing 22 C. Glad you're still having an excellent time. Looking forward to see some more pictures.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb