25th October. Mum's 50th Birthday...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
October 26th 2010
Published: October 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Awake at 7:30 and not to the sound of rain. Mum woke up to her flowers and balloons and then sat outside and opened her presants and cards. Left the van at 8:15 on our jouney to Sydney Harbour Bridge. We had one bus to Blacktown and then the train into Sydney Central. We walked down through the shops to The Rocks and eventually found the Bridge Climb starting point.
We got on to an earlier climb so it all started at 10:55. It takes a bit of time to get into all of your gear including a baby grow, some rain pants, a harness which had a fleece in a pouch and a waterproof jacket in another pouch, Beenie, Sun Hat, Strap for your glasses, Hankie and dont foget the radio.
Out we went to start the climb. We were really lucky with the weather. After rain all afternoon yesterday today we had clearish sky and the view of the city and the Opera House were there. The guide put Mum at the front cause he could see she was nervous but in the end no need as Mum was straight up there. We had a few stops to have a look around and learn some facts about the bridge. When we got to the top the guide got everyone to sing Happy Birthday to Mum which brought tears to both of our eyes.
Once we were back down on the ground and got out of all the gear it was time to have a look at some of the pictures. They were good and we ended up getting all of them along with the t shirts!!!!
We walked from The Rocks around Circular Quay and had lunch by the Opera House. We tried to get tickets for a performance that was taking place that evening but unfortunately it was sold out. We then made our way back to the train station passed all the shops (again!!) stopping for a coffee and a cake on the way. Eventually we were back at the station and on our way back to the van. The day was brilliant in everyway.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



28th October 2010

Birthday and all that
Well, you made it all the way and on your birthday Maureen. Congratulations to both of you. Lovely photos. Hope you are getting these comments. Keep on enjoying yourselves. Weather here has turned chilly - frost on a couple of mornings but sometimes mild and sunny. Glad you didn't have rain for the bridge. Love to both of you from both of us.

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb