Night trail at the Botanic Gardens - Shaz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sculpture by the Sea
February 21st 2008
Published: March 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Harry's Cafe de Wheels and a night trail through Sydney



Emma (wicked Scottish chick I work with, is on a round the world trip with her boyfriend Gary) and I decided that we would go on a stroll after work to the Botanic gardens to play with our new cameras. Little did we know it would turn into a midnight trek around the city!

We enticed Garry to join us by saying we would be stopping at the famous Harry's Cafe de Wheels, which is a moveable food van, similar to those found at funfairs. Despite being moved a number of times in its history, the van is permanently fixed at Woolloomooloo. (I love the names over here! Now say that fast 3 times when you're drunk without laughing!) The caravan walls have been decorated with custom painted murals and photos of famous visitors.

We walked through the Botanic Gardens snapping spiders, birds, flowers. The bats were the made the most amazing noise when they began to stir as the sun set. I probably took 50 photos, all of which turned out to be blue sky, they are so quick!

We headed towards Circular Quay, to see the Opera house and Harbor Bridge lit up at night. Unfortunately we didn't have tripods so had to make do with our surroundings...one of which was Garys back! lol! Gary and I got rather competitive with our photos...I do believe I may have won the award for the spider shots but he definitely was on form when it came to getting a photo of the moon. When ever I turned around to take one it disappeared, I was not a happy camper! Ha! So we'll call in 1:1, until the next round...bring it on!

xx Shaz






Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb