Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Opera House
October 31st 2007
Published: November 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Opera HouseThe Opera HouseThe Opera House

Just as iconic as Ramsey Street a few weeks ago!
We arrived in Sydney at 7.30pm, so we quickly made our way to the hotel and got out to see the 2 major sights of the city. Ironically, Ricky was so organized but never thought to look up where the hotel was from the station. So after walking around the station for 10 mins lost, we hailed a taxi for the taxi driver to drop us off on the next street! D’oh! Hotel was handy for the station!

It was very hot and clammy, funny to think that Melbourne is only an hour’s flight but there is about 4 degrees hotter of a difference.

We walked for a bit down George Street which took us all the way to the Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. I was surprised by the Opera House as I thought it would have been a lot bigger, but it was an amazing sight. The whole harbour is amazing. It’s all lit up and there are literally loads of boats and yachts. The bridge was also cool and that was as spectacular as in pictures I’ve seen of it. We had a walk round the harbour, soaked up the atmosphere, and had a drink at the Opera Bar and the best mixed platter I’ve ever tasted. There are lots of bars and restaurants along the waterside and under the Opera House, so it’s a funky place for drink and a bite to eat.

We had a relatively early night and when we got back to the hotel, Ricky gave me my second envelope to open!!!!

He had planned to do lunch and the Darling Harbour and we were to be back at the hotel, changed into our glad-rags and out by 4.15pm for a COCKTAIL CRUISE around the Harbour at 5pm! Woo hoo! He knows me so well.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb