State of Origin III


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Olympic Park
July 14th 2008
Published: July 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey Footy Fans!

We write to you today about our first rugby game... and what a game it was.

Every year during the Rugby League season there is a State of Origin series between New South Whales and Queensland. We soon realized that these are 3 of the biggest and most important games of the season as the best players are hand chosen from the entire league to represent the team from where they grew up. Each year the two teams alternate who gets to have two home games and this year NSW had games 1 and 3.

NSW dominated game one and Queensland easily beat NSW in game 2, setting up a matchup for all the marbles in game 3. We had purchased a group of tickets long before the series started for this 3rd game, so we had some of the most envied seats in town. We had a mixed group that ranged from veteran Australian rugby fans all the way to foreigners who didn't have a clue as to what what going on. It was an incredible atmosphere in the Olympic ANZ Stadium and we all had a great time.

After an extremely close game all the way to the end, the Queenslanders unfortunately ended up on top with a score of 16-10. We'll get them back next year and we hope you all enjoy the photos.

Go the Blues in 2009!

Matt and Heidi


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb