Bugga me!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Newtown
July 11th 2005
Published: July 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Fraser IslandFraser IslandFraser Island

A beautiful suspended lake- meaning a collection of rainwater.
International orientation day one was ho-hum, although all orientations are, by law, ho-hum. Too many Americans...out of the 300 people in the room, 225 were Americans. After meeting so many neat foreigners, it was a big culture shock to be face to face with so many of our own kind. We've somehow gotten ourselves into dinner with a few people from UNC and Duke, but blech.

Today we watched a sheep shearing demo, in which one of the sheep escaped its pen to be with his friend sheep who was out of the pen and was running around the campus. It was hilarious. Then the sheepdog went after it, and we had an accidental sheep dog demonstration. Sheep are funny looking, and to shear them you have to flop them so they sit upright against your legs- if you dont support their head, it flops over to the side, but they can't do anything. The sheep shearer set a sheep up against the fence and walked away, and the sheep slowly slid sideways.

Well I supppose that's it from me right now, look for more coherent updates as they come.. For updates on our last 2 weeks of traveling-
jan and me hikingjan and me hikingjan and me hiking

we are here.. I forget where
driving from Sydney to Cairns, a wacky, crazy adventure- look at Janice's blog, or I 'll put up some info soon.

The pictures for the last 2 entries are just pictures from our travels up the east coast. I haven't taken any new pictures since getting to Sydney.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Funny SignFunny Sign
Funny Sign

a funny sign outside of .. a small town


3rd August 2005

Well...
In my opinion...Caroline is a sheep.

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0951s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb